installed Application file sizes?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by bladednuisance, Dec 13, 2007.

1. bladednuisance macrumors newbie

I am trying to decide whether to get 8 or 16 GB Touch (I have every intion of Jailbreaking it), 8 is enough for me as far as music, and I dont really enjoy videos on such a small screen (yes I know, it has a pretty big screen... for a mobile device). So what really determines the model I choose, is the size of installed apps. I know apps come in various sizes, but if I could get a range on sizes (smallest-largest youve used), that wold really help me make a decision!

2. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

The file sizes are very small. Anywhere from a few kilobytes to max maybe like 11MB. They are all very small. I have sound 800 songs, 3 movies, 3 podcasts,
    Two albums, and lots of apps and I am just barely pushing 7gb.

Like I said they are all very small. Oh and I have my emails from mail.app :)

3. bladednuisance thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, very helpful info!

how about a useful-useless ratio. Any time you got a popular homebrew device, you get a lot of repeat apps & and just junk, Ive already found quite a bit of apps, but obviously, am unable to try them out yet.

4. dino0829 macrumors member

Same boat here

Hey gang,
    Yes, know this is an old thread, but a current question. Like many of you, I'm going to take advantage of the BTS promotion, and trying to decide whether or not to get the 16 gb iTouch (or even do I need to get the 32!). How big are the new 2.0 apps (Monkey Ball, Chopper, etc.)? What do you guys have on yours currently? Thanks!