Installed Apps/Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Ram171, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Ram171 macrumors member

Ram171

I was wondering how I would be able to see ALL installed apps on my Mac. I understand that in Finder's left bar I can see the applications, but is this ALL the applications on the computer? Is there any other way of viewing this? How do I delete any apps or software I deem unnecessary? One last thing is in safari, is it necessary to have "on" the third party developers extensions?

2. simsaladimbamba

If you haven't installed applications anywhere else, most of them will be in the Applications folder (the Sidebar icon is a shortcut to there), some applications like Finder reside in the System folder, where you shan't delete anything without knowing what they do.
    Uninstalling Applications in Mac OS X

which also includes:

And if you want to use and/or are using extensions in Safari, the slider has to be set on ON. If you don't use or don't want to use extensions in Safari, the slider can be set to OFF.

To learn more about Mac OS X: Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios

3. smurfjammer macrumors 6502a

smurfjammer

You can see all the applications that you have installed in "System Information" and go to File > Show System Report.

Attached Files:

4. simsaladimbamba

Thanks. I always forget about that one.