Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Just received my Body Guardz carbon fiber armor skin for my black iPhone 5. I decided only to use the back skin and the front shield only. I think it turned out pretty good but the only thing is that the back skin is 1mm or 2mm too short all around but it works for me as I use a bumper. Here are some pictures I quickly took...

Attachments

• IMG_4934.JPG
    IMG_4934.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_4935.JPG
    IMG_4935.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_4936.JPG
    IMG_4936.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_4938.JPG
    IMG_4938.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 871
  • IMG_4939.JPG
    IMG_4939.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 216

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
this is my first time ever using a carbon fiber back skin and believe me, this is a quality product. Shipping was damn fast and the packaging was good too. I am happy. I just hope the the front screen protector clears up after it drys. It looks butt ugly right now thats why I didn't take a picture.

2high2aim

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2010
SoCal
LOL I asked for picture request on another thread and fond this posted minutes prior lol. Thanks. My phones going to look EXACTLY like yours. CF back, glass screen protector front & bumper. (Also have a white candyshell that I am going to return because I like this thinner profile). BTW which bumper did you get.

I really want the SGP bumper as it looks the best in quality but its not yet release, but til than I have an online order with metal buttons and individual bottom cutouts (speakers & connector separate). I am a little paranoid with the sides scratching so I will be putting on the skin as an additional layer of protection inside.

Q: Is the Apple logo a cutout (naked iphone apple) in the CF or is it a sticker on top of the CF back?

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
LOL I asked for picture request on another thread and fond this posted minutes prior lol. Thanks. My phones going to look EXACTLY like yours. CF back, glass screen protector front & bumper. (Also have a white candyshell that I am going to return because I like this thinner profile). BTW which bumper did you get.

I really want the SGP bumper as it looks the best in quality but its not yet release, but til than I have an online order with metal buttons and individual bottom cutouts (speakers & connector separate). I am a little paranoid with the sides scratching so I will be putting on the skin as an additional layer of protection inside.

Q: Is the Apple logo a cutout (naked iphone apple) in the CF or is it a sticker on top of the CF back?

I am using a poetic bumper that I bought off amazon for $5. It is the same exact bumper as the monoprice and Photive bumpers, just rebranded. So far, I had no scratches on my phone but I can see the concern as my iphone4 with the bumper got scuffed up in a few spots.

Personally, I wouldnt get the SGP bumper as its a 2 piece bumper with a silicon and plastic trim. I tried the SGP bumper for my iphone 4S and didn't even like it for 1 min. But thats just me...

2high2aim

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2010
SoCal
I never tried the SGP bumper but what was the reason for you not liking it. Currently I have a cheap one coming in but I am looking for a quality bumper with a soft inside to protect against scratches but retain the iphone look and slim profile.

??

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
I never tried the SGP bumper but what was the reason for you not liking it. Currently I have a cheap one coming in but I am looking for a quality bumper with a soft inside to protect against scratches but retain the iphone look and slim profile.

??

it is a cutout from the skin itself exposing the apple logo underneath.

As for the SGP, I just don't like that two piece implementation of the bumper.

2high2aim

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2010
SoCal
Damn this is my first iPhone and I am paranoid as my current Droid phone has been thru hell and back and its scratched up. I bought the 64gb black iphone and no matter what case I look into I seem to find one flaw or another. Either the bottom holes are all exposed (one cut out) or the sides might cause scratches.

Wish their was a one piece design with soft rubber protection of some sort with aluminum or heat treated titanium (rainbow like look) for top volume, side, and mute buttons, so it feels extremely stock but very distinguishable with a clear front and back or vinyl of your choice (CF, and multiple colors). If only I knew how to make cases.

2high2aim

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2010
SoCal
Yea, thats the one I order from online, its only $2.80 shipped. Best deal in the century lol.
http://dx.com/p/protective-abs-frame-case-for-iphone-5-transparent-black-154666

BTW the SGP Neo Hybrid Cases are now available: I just cant make my mind up, black, yellow, or gold? (only yellow is available for order now) I just do not like the clear middle part. BTW I actually think the two piece design of SGP with add more protection than a single piece.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I am using a poetic bumper that I bought off amazon for $5. It is the same exact bumper as the monoprice and Photive bumpers, just rebranded. So far, I had no scratches on my phone but I can see the concern as my iphone4 with the bumper got scuffed up in a few spots.

Personally, I wouldnt get the SGP bumper as its a 2 piece bumper with a silicon and plastic trim. I tried the SGP bumper for my iphone 4S and didn't even like it for 1 min. But thats just me...
you guys are scared of scratches from a Bumper, but not worried about it being naked on the edges rubbing and scratching against tables and keys?

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
you guys are scared of scratches from a Bumper, but not worried about it being naked on the edges rubbing and scratching against tables and keys?

What the hell are you talking about dude...Did I say I was worried about the bumper scratching my phone? As you can see, I am using a bumper and definitely I am not going naked with my phone. Please learn to read, open your eyes and don't jump to conclusions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.