Installed Display Link and no wifi any more....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tehmacboy, Nov 4, 2010.

1. tehmacboy macrumors newbie

So heres the scenario, I was running the internet fine for well over a year, with just my main laptop monitor and another monitor connected via the mini dvi. I wanted another so I purchased the http://www.amazon.com/Plugable-UGA-...49T8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1288855979&sr=8-3 and went to set everything up. I hookup the monitor, go online to download the latest drivers, installs fine, restarts, and then boom no more internet! I pretty much did everything, powercycled my modem/router and such, then finally I did a repair permissions, and it fixed it for about a minute.

When I uninstalled the driver the wifi worked again, so im totally lost. Im on ethernet now (which works fine), but would like to not have to be stuck at my desk just to get internet. Lastly the airport finds the router, and sometimes gives itself a self assigned ip, other times it says connected but nothing actually happens.

Any thoughts on how I can fix this??

Thanks guys

EDIT; I also wanted to point out that when I disconnect the usb for the other monitor the wireless works just fine.

So weird.

2. MartyF81 macrumors 6502

Did you see if the vendor has a "Previous" version of the Driver? I would try that and see if it still does it.

Otherwise you need to contact the vendor and report the issue. It seems to be clearly a driver issue.