Installed iOS 5 Beta 2, cannot sync at all

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by robbo91, Jul 2, 2011.

1. robbo91 macrumors newbie

Hi guys, I installed the 2nd beta of iOS 5 (with my own dev account etc) on my iPhone and I cannot sync it at all. I used the method where "option - click" the restore button on the iPhone summary page on iTunes. I chose to do a backup of my old phone and the only data copied onto my new phone was info such as mail, contacts, photos, events etc. None of my music or videos were copied over.

What makes it worse is that I cannot even click the sync button, it is permanently greyed out and I cannot see any reason why it should not work (it is the 10.5 beta). Unplugging the device and trying again has not worked, neither has reinstalling the software and choosing not to restore the backup.

I did the exact same as I said above for when I installed the first iOS 5 beta, and everything went very smoothly. Is there any reason why beta 2 won't let me sync?

2. Guiyon, Jul 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2011

Guiyon macrumors 6502a

Did you read the release notes right below the download link on Apple's download page and update iTunes? The first beta of iTunes 5 will not work with Beta 2 of iOS 5.