Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CeCe

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
Canada
I have a MacBook C2D, running Mac OS X 10.4.8. I downloaded iTunes 7.6 through automatic update and now when I click on iTunes, it won't turn on. Instead it asks me to go to http://www.apple.com/macosx. When I go there, it advertises Leopard. I have Tiger. When I try to reinstall iTunes 7.5, it won't let me because my computer has a newer version installed.

What should I do?
- Should I uninstall 7.6 and just install 7.5?
- Is there an update I'm missing? I'm very careful now because I recently had my hard drive replaced (less than a year after I got my Macbook) and I'm not sure if I installed something that wasn't necessarily compatible and messed up my computer...
- Or is there a easier way so I can still keep my files/play counts/etc? I have them on my iPod, but I didn't want to go through the hassle of Senuti if I didn't have to.

TIA

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Was a little confused at first but accorind to the specs of iTunes 7.6 you need 10.4.9 or later.

So you will have to install an OS update.

In fact you are actually quite a few behind as the current release is 10.4.11 and it is always recommended to use the latest version due to security/bug fixes.

The combo updater for Tiger to 10.4.11 is here

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.