Installed iTunes 7.6, now iTunes not working

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CeCe, Jan 19, 2008.

1. CeCe macrumors member

I have a MacBook C2D, running Mac OS X 10.4.8. I downloaded iTunes 7.6 through automatic update and now when I click on iTunes, it won't turn on. Instead it asks me to go to www.apple.com/macosx. When I go there, it advertises Leopard. I have Tiger. When I try to reinstall iTunes 7.5, it won't let me because my computer has a newer version installed.

What should I do?
    - Should I uninstall 7.6 and just install 7.5?
    - Is there an update I'm missing? I'm very careful now because I recently had my hard drive replaced (less than a year after I got my Macbook) and I'm not sure if I installed something that wasn't necessarily compatible and messed up my computer...
    - Or is there a easier way so I can still keep my files/play counts/etc? I have them on my iPod, but I didn't want to go through the hassle of Senuti if I didn't have to.

TIA

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Was a little confused at first but accorind to the specs of iTunes 7.6 you need 10.4.9 or later.

So you will have to install an OS update.

In fact you are actually quite a few behind as the current release is 10.4.11 and it is always recommended to use the latest version due to security/bug fixes.

The combo updater for Tiger to 10.4.11 is here