Installed iTunes 8.2 Now MBP Running at 90-96 degrees constantly!!! NEED HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ktmitch05, Jun 2, 2009.

1. ktmitch05 macrumors newbie

ktmitch05

Last last night i installed the new update for iTunes and Quicktime. Now when I turn my laptop on it runs at a really high temperature (90 - 96 Degrees).

Please help I don't know what is going on with my MBP (2.2ghz 15 inch).

Thanks

2. MacBrim macrumors newbie

try force quit itunes and the restart it again.

3. plucky macrumors newbie

Just to make sure you are meaning that the temperature is in Degrees Celsius, right?

That's A LOT! My mate just blew his video card on a MacBook Pro and it cost him 700 pounds to replace. Luckly he had extended warranty.

You might want to try to make sure you machine has plenty of air flow. Lift the laptop of the table by putting a small box under one side, or use a stand...

I have an 20" iMac and the graphics card was arround 79 Celsius when watching movies, by just opening the window in my small room, the temperature went down 10 degrees!

Best of luck!
    Plucky

PS: I am new to the mac world as well, and I didn't know Macs have problems with heating up... but aparently its quite bad!

4. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

Im not really sure why these applications make your computer run so hot. But to combat very high temperatures when using high intensity applications i use smc Fan Control (http://www.eidac.de/?p=134). This app sits in your menu bar and it adjusts the minimum fan speed of your MBP's internal fans. When I am running high intensity applications I use this to cool down my Macbook. It works very well and can make a huge difference in your internal temperature. Try it out and see if it works

Using this app and turning up the fan speed does make the computer a bit noisier than normal but its not that noticeable once you get used to it.