Installed Leopard and now I don't have Office anymore?!?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pocketrockets, Oct 31, 2007.

1. pocketrockets macrumors member

Hi,
    I installed Leopard and now I don't have Office! It opens as Test Drive but says it expired. Do I have to reinstall Office again? And if so, does that use up another install?

Luckily I have Keynote and Pages AND iWork 08 (which I never installed yet). But still, what's going on. It's a little ridiculous.

2. rmh macrumors regular

Did you do a clean install or an upgrade? Regardless, as long as you are opening the right app, it does seem like you'll need to reinstall Office. Didn't happen to me when I upgraded my MacBook.

3. pocketrockets thread starter macrumors member

I did an upgrade. When I open the app, let's say a Word document, it opens in Office Test drive, and then tries to open but says it's expired. Then it quits out.

4. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

a simple upgrade shouldn't have done that if all the MS office files were in the right place.

I'm a bit confused why it is opening the Test version of Office. Microsfot recommend that this is deleated before a full version is installed.

If you have the disks and product key for the full version, remove the test one and re-install.

5. pocketrockets thread starter macrumors member

perhaps my problems are solved. After opening each Office application for the first time, it seems to open in its registered full version. I guess I got scared too soon.

This has been the story of my experience with Leopard. Everything is funky and buggy at first. But after opening applications for the first time and tweaking settings, things are starting to lock in.

Reminds me of the iPods and how they always freeze when you first get em. But after a while, they hardly ever do that.