Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vazpazaz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
Hi all,

So I've installed lion on a new iMac. After logging in (on either of the user accounts we use) the system authenticates and then before anything else happens I am told "you need to restart your computer. Hold down the power button until it turns off" in several languages.

I do this and the same thing keeps happening.

I've tried repairing permissions, the same thing occurs. I've tried reinstalling lion and grrrrrrrr the same thing occurs...

Any thoughts or advice would be most welcome

Ty in advance

Vazpazaz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
I should add I can log in having booted in safe mode... But then returning to a normal boot it keeps requesting a reboot after logging in.

Vazpazaz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
Having read the kernel panic report 'cos that's what it was I realised my m-audio FireWire solo was causing the problem. I disconnected it and sorted... There are no official drivers for it yet, though there is a beta driver for 10.7 which I've installed and wooohooo it all works. :)

polkunus

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2011
Hi I'm having this SAME exact issue and guess what? I have a firewire solo as well.

I'll repost again if unplugging the solo will fix the issue

polkunus

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2011
Yep, unplugging the solo fixes everything. Anyway I can directly notify M-Audio or apple about this issue?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.