Installed Lion, now iMac is dead

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hoser1000, Jul 21, 2011.

1. hoser1000 macrumors newbie

I installed lion yesterday and after using my iMac last night it shut itself down and will not turn on now. I wonder if it is a heating issue because my Macbook gets really hot ever since I downloaded lion. I will post the specs of my iMac once I find the box but does anyone have any tricks to try and turn it on?

2. FrankHahn macrumors 6502a

It is possible that some system file(s) is (are) corrupted due to incompatibility of Lion with some applications.

3. RawKurd macrumors newbie

4. hoser1000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Figured it out. I tried a different outlet but it didn't work but didn't check the cord on the back of the monitor until I spun it around to see the SN. That is when I realized that the cord was pinched between the desk and wall. When my wife went to adjust the monitor it pulled the cord out of the back slightly just enough to not power up.

5. thatisme macrumors 6502

thatisme

.... and that is why "is your computer plugged into the wall?" is the first question on a service technician's check list.... :cool:

glad you got it figured out

6. hoser1000 thread starter macrumors newbie

First thing I checked was the plug and looked around back. It was still inserted into the back but just not enough to make connection. A lesson learned.

7. gangof4 macrumors member

gangof4