Installed Macheist 3.0

Discussion in 'macOS' started by macmike22, Apr 6, 2009.

1. macmike22 macrumors regular

Hi guys,
    Tonight i bought and installed macheist 3.0 - bundle thing.
    My mac has become buggy all of a sudden especially after closing apps. any ideas?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Be more specific. What exactly are the problems you are experiencing?

3. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

What exactly is that app: Macheist 3.0? Come on...

4. macmike22 thread starter macrumors regular

Macheist 3 is a bundle of 12 or so applications.
    I havent opened them all yet, my computer seems to be running much faster this morning. Last night.. something just wasnt quite right, very slow. sorry for being unspecific

5. kostia macrumors regular

Have you rebooted to see if the problem goes away? Or at least logged out/logged back in?

Have you run Activity Monitor to see if there's something running you might not be aware of, or something that's hung/crashed?

Remember that an app that's running might not show in the Dock. It might be invisible, or it might show in the menu bar.

If rebooting or logging out/back in doesn't fix it: Have you checked your login items in the Accounts pane of System Preferences to see if something is launching at login that you didn't want?

If you were to run all 14 apps in the MacHeist bundle at the same time, any computer would be taxed. 3D games like World of Goo and Cro-Mag Rally can really put your processor and graphics through their paces, and BoinxTV and WireTap Studio are designed to run in the background recording your screen or your voice.

Definitely check your login items, then reboot, and see if the problem goes away. If not, use Activity Monitor to figure out what's taxing the computer so badly. You might also try creating a new user and see if the problem exists there too, or just on your main account.

6. Jaden123 macrumors newbie

Hi all, I bought the Macheist 3 bundle. I have a new Mac user and have a Mac book. I am planning to buy an iMac by the end of the year. I'd like to know if I can install the Macheist applications on both computers? (Would the serial/registration allow me to do so?) Thanks !

7. thunderclap macrumors 6502a

You'll probably have to look at the license agreement of each program.