Installed new display: No Airport Car Installed

tsanders9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
The screen on my MBP was cracked recently so I installed a new display yesterday. The installation was pretty straightforward, nothing too intense. The display powered up & is running fine, only problem is that the menu bar now says "No airport card installed". Has anybody had this problem before? My first guess is that maybe a connection is loose, but figured I would see if it could be another issue before I open the machine up again.

bozz2006

macrumors 68030
Aug 24, 2007
Minnesota
The screen on my MBP was cracked recently so I installed a new display yesterday. The installation was pretty straightforward, nothing too intense. The display powered up & is running fine, only problem is that the menu bar now says "No airport card installed". Has anybody had this problem before? My first guess is that maybe a connection is loose, but figured I would see if it could be another issue before I open the machine up again.
The antenna is located in the display, so most likely it's loose or didn't get connected. That's the first thing to check out.