Installed New nVidia 8600GT Drivers for MBP - Big Difference w/COD4

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Spliff, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Spliff macrumors regular

I've been holding off on downloading and installing these drivers for my MBP as I thought I didn't really need them, but last night I thought what the hell and did it anyways.

Before when playing COD4 on my MBP 2.2GHz (128MB VRAM) I used to see alot of artifacts (looks like actual garbage/shrapnel flying around while playing) which was tolerable but a good indication that the MBP was just barely up to snuff for the game. After installing the new driver, I noticed that the performance is much better, and that the shrapnel is finally gone. Game runs alot smoother.

For anyone who has the MBP, I highly recommend this install if you want to play any of the latest games. I should have done this a month ago and now regret comtemplating.

2. jakeguy99 macrumors regular

jakeguy99

I am running it on a 2.4GHZ MBP and it runs amazingly well, i do also have the driver updates installed and i usually range from 90-150fps. great game, but the driver updates really do help and should be implemented.

3. rezenclowd3 macrumors 6502a

rezenclowd3

Undoing the work of Priuses: burning gas & rubber
    Same here, updated the drivers via laptopvideo2go with whatever the latest is 169.14 I think...

4. Val-kyrie macrumors 65816

Mac Video Drivers

Are there any video drivers--even "unofficial" ones--for the Mac OS (Leopard) or must we rely on an Apple driver update?

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

What are your settings to run 90-150fps?