installed office 365 for Mac(2011) and i't's killed my wifi?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Skoal, May 30, 2015.

1. Skoal macrumors 65816

osx 10.10.4

can get online via wired ethernet. Everything worked fine before I installed this junk grrrrr!

Been years since I used an MS product precisely because it always seems to be a headache but work has forced me to capitulate. If anyone has any clue why this might be happening please chime in. Thanks in advance!

2. Surrat macrumors 6502

Surrat

I'm using Yosemite 10.10.3 and windows 8.1 pro, both with office 365, and wifi works perfectly using mac pro 5,1 built in wifi. Not sure what could have caused yours to go out.

3. Skoal thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the reply! I should have updated this post earlier since the issue has changed but I forgot.

Turns out it was my 5ghz wifi channel just so happened to go out the minute I installed and attempted to sign in to office 365. At first I was getting the dreaded "server unavailable" issue from the office sign in page that initially pops up when you first install the software and after googling that issue I got it up and going. Then suddenly NO WIFI. The coincidence was extreme and since my apple tv and phone were having no issue with that wifi channel I thought it had to be the office install causing the problem. Slowly but surely all devices in the house began having trouble with the 5 ghz channel so I tried the 2.4 and there was no issue. Stupid me jumping to conclusions. I've had horrible experiences with finicky Microsoft stuff in the past that I just jumped the gun and blamed the software. Oops, my bad lol!

Office 365 now working like a charm on a 2014 MBPr running yosemite beta 10.10.4