Installed Office on new MBP, have some questions

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by NewEyesOpen, Jul 29, 2009.

1. NewEyesOpen macrumors regular

I didn't want to put Office on my new Mac, but since I'm still in college and most everyone still uses windows/microsoft office, I had little choice. My main gripe about office is that it came with entourage and msn messenger. These two things I do not/did not need at all, so I deleted them from my documents folder of MS Office. By doing so, have I completely deleted these portions of MS office off of my hard drive for good? If not, is that even possible and if so, how do I go about doing this?

2. upinflames900 macrumors 6502a

upinflames900

You mean you deleted them from your applications folder under microsoft office? Then yes they are gone.

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

They are gone, but if you want to really feel good about it, you can uninstall Office, then reinstall. Choose to Customize and not install those apps to begin with.

4. NewEyesOpen thread starter macrumors regular

I may do, that. Thanks man. I really don't want those apps on there and want to free up some hdd space.

5. NewEyesOpen thread starter macrumors regular

Update:

uninstalled office and reinstalled it custom. Very happy now, haha. Thanks guys.