Installed SSD, Downloaded Windows 7 - Sound doesn't work, graphic card not supported!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by StatedFailure, Feb 20, 2014.

1. StatedFailure macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am not very knowledgeable with computer customizing so I need insight.

Basically, I wanted to play pc games on my macbook pro.
    I decided to purchase SSD hard drive and use already purchased windows 7 cd.

I followed procedure of installing the SSD drive (Samsung brand) on to the macbook and simply installed the windows 7 cd.

Afterward, I realized that my macbook lost all the macbook functions: keys on F1~F12 (which was expected).
    Moreover, I couldn't hear the sound and headphone plug hole had red light on.
    Graphic Card was not supported so I couldn't play the games...

Overall, I have no idea why... I have followed the procedure in the net such as installing realtek hd audio program (still no sound).

Can someone help me what I have done wrong and what I should have done in order to resolve the problem that I am facing!?!

2. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Did you also install the windows support software (typically 2nd checkbox on boot camp assistant), or odd you install windows outside do boot camp?

3. StatedFailure thread starter macrumors newbie

I just learned that from my friend so I gave a try.

So I checked the second option and used the USB to download.

However, I realized that my Windows 7 is 32bit and it doesn't support = can't launch the .exe file.

I don't know what to do from here...

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

when you buy windows it should include both 32 and 64 bit

well any copy of windows I ever purchased has

5. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Download a x64 ISO here only if you key can activate x64 or x86, I'm unsure what Microsoft would do when you try to activate

http://techverse.net/download-windows-7-iso-x86-x64-microsofts-official-servers/