Installed ssd into iMac i7 3.4 broke data display cable, running ext. display crash

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Msfsf, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Msfsf macrumors newbie

I just did the install and came up with a blank screen(black). Computer is working, I think the install went fine, but it seems I messed up the display data cable, the one with the black flap, and this is almost embarrassing but I don't remember unhooking the vertical sync cable and can't find one. A bit more info on my computer, I had the 2009 iMac i7 2.8 and had two hard drive replacements and then had problems with DVD. Called apple and they said pack it up and they would replace it. So I received the 2011 around the end of October 2012. The 2011 seems to run a bit slower I have found. I had 16gb installed in last, and currently have 24gb in the new.back to the issues, Have you heard anything about the vertical sync changes? So anyways I've found the display cable at apple components.com, do you know is this an easy install on the LCD side? Any answers would be greatly appreciated, or referral, whatever at this point.now I have it running on ext display and it keeps crashing. Help!
    Ps this is my first thread...

2. chevalier433 macrumors 6502a

chevalier433

Very simple, unstick the kapton tape in LCD panel and replace the cable.

3. Msfsf thread starter macrumors newbie

That's what's making it crash, I ordered the part, anything about the vertical sync not there?

4. chevalier433 macrumors 6502a

chevalier433

Maybe you crash the vertical sync cable too?