Installed SSD now problems..

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Sam254, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Sam254 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I recently installed an SSD in to my mid 2011 27'' iMac. Following some instructions from a member on this forum.
    I installed the SSD but wanted to use the SSD to run my OS & Apps etc. But keep the HDD for storing files, music, pictures etc.
    I used CCC to do all of this, in the setting before doing the clone I deselected 'User' so it wouldn't copy all this data to the new SSD.
    Once it had all finished and I rebooted on the SSD and then changed the 'User' Home Directory everything has been working fine.

The issue I get, is when i open some apps e.g. iTunes. It comes up with a message saying 'You do not have enough access privileges for this operation.' and then but then opens the app anyway. When i click 'ok' the message goes away and everything works fine.

Why is it doing this? How can I stop it? As far as I'm away the user is the administer of this computer.

Would appreciate your help!

Thanks,
    Sam.

2. robgendreau macrumors 68040

By messing around with the ~/Library folder you probably created permission problems. You'll have to search around to find a solution for fixing them, depending on how you "changed" the user folder. Running Disk Utilities "repair permissions" will not necessarily fix that. There is a Mac utility, usually included in repair disks and the recovery partition, that can be used to reset ACLs or permissions to defaults in user folders, but I'm not sure of its status in Yosemite.

Good luck.