Installed theme can't manually change wallpaper??

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bobright, Jan 25, 2012.

1. bobright macrumors 601

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

So I'm trying to change my wallpaper in this newly installed theme and it's not working. I think it's kind of embedded in the theme. How can I change it?

2. ThHeartlessHero macrumors member

Could change it through iFile but I don't know the process for it. Probably need to find the theme then overwrite the default wallpaper it has in its folder.

3. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Thanks anyway hopefully someone can chime in on how through ifile,was hoping to not have to SSH as I like to switch them up often.

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

If the walpaper is embedded on the theme, that means that the author didn't used the standard location, share what theme you are using and maybe we can tell you where it is.

5. macbookman83 macrumors 6502

I removed mine yesterday using ifile.

Var/Stash/Theme/Yourthemehere/Wallpaper.png

the wallpaper is the file you want to remove/exchange for your current picture. I believe it should also be in the png format.

Let me know if that worked for you.

6. jbarresi19 macrumors 6502

This way will work but an even easier way is to go in WinterBoard and there is a pre-installed theme called "User Wallpaper"...select that....respring....and you should be good to go

7. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

Thanks guys but this didn't work. I selected User Wallapaper and had it override the theme to no avail.

I have found in ifile under library / themes it's listed as wallpaper@x2 or something to that sort. How can I exchange it with a photo from my camera roll and rename it as well?

8. jarrodtb macrumors member

I ran into the same issues trying to change the background image on the LS Glass theme. In the theme folder, via SSH, I replaced layout.png with my own image and it worked for me.

Hope that helps.