Installed then trashed Snowtape - how to get rid of the Snowtape playback message

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Nick G, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Nick G macrumors member

I've just recently tried Snowtape (an app that lets you record internet radio) but as it didn't work the way I wanted it to I trashed it. Even so, when I click on WMA streams I still get the "Playback will continue in Snowtape" window, even though I've changed the preferences in Firefox to "always ask". How do I get back to the original behaviour?

I trashed all the files I could find referring to Snowtape but there must be some hidden ones remaining somewhere.

Any ideas please?

2. Nick G thread starter macrumors member

Anyone?

Are there hidden files I need to remove?

3. Nick G thread starter macrumors member

Bumping this up again as this message seems to be stopping me playing WMA streams. It seems to override playback using Flip4Mac which is very annoying.

Please help!

4. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

5. Nick G thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for that. I deleted the last remaining file and it has stopped the dialogue coming up but now when I click on a WMA radio stream it is coming up with a blank page. Before it would start playing content in what I presume was the Flip4Mac plug-in in Firefox as I have this selected in Firefox's preferences.

Oddly, in the Flip4Mac WMV preferences>Browser, the 'Use Flip4Mac Browser plug-in', although it is ticked, is greyed-out. Perhaps this is why I'm not getting anywhere? So I still can't get the plug-in to play WMA streams, and this seems to be since installing Snowtape. Coincidence? Maybe, but any other help much appreciated.

6. Nick G thread starter macrumors member

Anyone? I'd like to get Flip4Mac working properly again.

7. Nick G thread starter macrumors member