Installed Vista via Bootcamp-How do I install drivers without an install disk

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by JCastro, Apr 10, 2009.

1. JCastro macrumors 6502a

I searched for a while trying to find the answer but did not find it.

I just installed Vista Business via Bootcamp. I am not able to access the internet or anything. If I read the help stuff right I need to use the OSX install disk to install the drivers. The problem is, I don't have the install disk. Is there any other way to get the drivers? Or am I just missing something easier?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

2. Carrot007 macrumors regular

Carrot007

So no internet, no OS-X disk?

You are pretty much SOL.

Do you mean you cannot download under vista. Surely the mac part works. If so download and burn on disk, otherwise get someone else to do it for you.

Failing that maybe write your own ;-)

3. sosaysiburke macrumors member

sosaysiburke

hell just get the wireless driver and get the rest once you can access the internet

4. JCastro thread starter macrumors 6502a

I can access the internet from the OSX side, just not from Vista. It is the OSX install disk that I need right? I log into Vista then insert the OSX disk?

5. JCastro thread starter macrumors 6502a

OMG!! I just found the install disk. I will let you know how it goes...:rolleyes:

Thanks for the help!!

6. RipeRetina macrumors regular

RipeRetina

Please inform us of how it goes, I am curious because I am in the same situation... My osx install disk is not with me right now, I will have it by the end of the week because I left it at my parents house but I am dying to get this fixed but if I need the install disk then so be it... Windows Vista is pretty useless without internet :mad: