Installed vista64 but how to switch back to mac

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by vance09, Aug 23, 2009.

1. vance09 macrumors regular

I installed vista 64 went ok but now the computer defaults to vista and in windows there is no boot camp icon to return it to mac,is there something i can istall to get this to work,possibly the second mac system disk would help?
    Also where do i get the drivers needed for vista i have a mac pro 2.26 8 core
    thanks

2. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

press switch on button and keep holding the option (alt) key till you get the 2 HD icons and choose between them :)

3. vance09 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks

thanks ,that works fine ,it funny as i am using the mac wireless keyboard and mouse and have to connect a vista usb keyboard and mouse ,so you end up needing double keyboards.
    but what about the drivers for windows vista -where do i get those

4. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Boot Camp drivers are on your Mac OS X installation disc.

5. vance09 thread starter macrumors regular

drivers

i'm trying it again,there was only 2 disks came with the mac a dos install and a apps install ,vista did not see the apps at all the other disk says something about remote install and waiting for the computer to connect seems abit strange as its not loading drivers

6. vance09 thread starter macrumors regular

getting a bit better

seems the mac disk really does not install you have to manually go in there and install all the drivers one by one

7. Infrared macrumors 68000

Infrared

You should be able to run setup.exe. That'll do the lot.

Highlighted in orange:

setup.png

8. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

Did you follow the instructions in the Boot Camp Installation and Setup Manual?

9. vance09 thread starter macrumors regular

yes followed the instructions

but the instructions did not talk about manually doing the drivers,it auto came up with something to do with remote access.Used explorer and installed each one
    But i have all the drivers in except the bluetooth drivers for the keyboard and mouse any idea where i might find those

10. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

Do you mean you're installing them one by one from the Apple installation disk, or do you mean you have to find them elsewhere?

Are they not included here?

http://support.apple.com/downloads/Boot_Camp_Update_2_1_for_Windows_Vista_64

11. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

By the way, on your original question:

In addition to using the option key on startup, the Boot Camp control panel in Windows should have a startup disk option.

12. gugucom macrumors 68020

gugucom

In Vista 64 the normal setup file doesn't work. Go to the drivers/Apple folder and look for Bootcamp64.msi That is the install file for Vista 64. You have to right click it and run it as administrator.

13. vance09 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks

I am up and running vista64/mac pro ,the switching back and forth is not 100% but its close.
    Vista runswell but not like lightning ,like i thought it would but tha mac pro is much better anyway.
    Just wanted vista as a side line
    The graphics with the ati 4870 are very good ,of course on the mac outstanding.
    The apple wireless keyboard/mouse finally kicked in so i am just using one keyboard one mouse now

14. MacVidCards Suspended