Installed Windows 7 doesn't boot up

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by PaoPao, Oct 12, 2010.

1. PaoPao macrumors newbie

I have OS X and I have managed to install Windows 7 64 bits through bootcamp 2.01. I didn't manage to upgrade it to bootcamp 3 though as I think it's only available if you have Snow Leopard.
    Windows 7 worked fine but after I rebooted I didn't get the dual boot option meaning that I can see my partition but I cann't acces it anymore. Basically holding down option key doesn't work for me.

Any suggestion on how I can boot into Windows again?

thanks
    Pao

2. sup3r1or macrumors regular

I would still suggest to try to update, as far as I know bootcamp 2.1 doesnt support windows 7, support for win 7 came with version 3.0

but try this go to system preferences---> startup disk if you see Windows there, click on it then press restart on the right.

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Yes W7 is only supported by Boot Camp 3.x and 3.x comes as part of Snow Leopard. However being that the upgrade is only $29 and you don't actually need to install Snow Leopard to obtain a legal license to the software and use the drivers just get it already.

B

4. PaoPao thread starter macrumors newbie

So if I upgrade to Snow Leopard you think I should be ok or will I need to reformat and reinstall once I Mac OS is upgraded?

5. PaoPao thread starter macrumors newbie

Can't see Windows in Startup preferences, I guess I need to delete Windows partition, upgrade to SL and than reinstall.....exactly how I expected...