Installed Windows 7, keyboard, mouse not recognised.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Mirai 11, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Mirai 11 macrumors 6502

Mirai 11

So I've installed Windows 7 from my USB stick, and once it completes and restarts a couple of times, I'm brought to the screen to name my account, then that's where the problem starts.
    The keyboard and mouse aren't recognised, so I can't access anything. I've tried plugging in a USB mouse, but that isn't recognised either.
    I went into it using Parallels, and oddly it worked, but once i installed the drivers manually and then restarted into Windows, the same problem occurred.
    This has happened twice now as I thought a wipe and re-installation would somehow fix it, but it hasn't.

Any solutions would be appreciated :)

2. m98custom1212 macrumors 6502

3. Mirai 11 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mirai 11

Tried it, same result.
    I read that it was to do with Windows 7 not having the correct USB 3 drivers, which made the keyboard and mouse unusable, somehow, but even in Windows 8 I'm stuck.

4. m98custom1212 macrumors 6502

did you use bootcamp?

5. phokur macrumors newbie

What if you let it sit at that login screen for ~5mins? Does it start working?

6. swethacharan macrumors newbie

At first your could try bootcamp login screen, and then try to enable usb port or else you should install the OS via CD drive. surely it will work.

7. Lars.dk macrumors newbie

Mirai_11

Hi Mirai_11 did you find a solution? I got the same problem :(