Installed windows 7 on disk partition

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by DSporky1, Aug 16, 2010.

1. DSporky1 macrumors newbie

So here's my story: I have a macbook pro that ran os x snow leopard.. last night I created a disk partition and installed 64bit windows 7 on it. Now I don't know how to switch back to the other partition and I fear I may have messed it up royally. What have I done?!

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

stop worrying, you havent done anything. there are a number of ways to boot into the other OS.

the easiest is to reboot the computer, and hold the :eek:ption: key as it turns back on, it will give you the option to boot from all the OSs that are installed :)

3. DSporky1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha! Wow that was easy.. Thanks! Shows how much I know about Macs..or multi-booting for that matter.. And I searched for hours on Google and couldn't find anything..

Now here's another question.. Is there a way I can get the touch pad to work on windows the way it does on leopard?

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

google is a hard resource to manage! you eventually get the hang of it. :)

do you mean the gestures and whatnot? there is probably a PC program that adds that sort of functionality - Apple certainly won't provide it. have a google for things such as "bootcamp mac touchpad" or similar and see how you go! im at work at the moment, sorry :p