Installed windows 7 on mac+disc problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Pyrocrazy, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Pyrocrazy macrumors newbie

Well I installed windows 7 on my mac and everything works like a charm, but when I got my Mac at bestbuy they arranged and set it all up for me, but they never gave back the installation disc. So, my problem is that I am missing the installation/restore disc for Leopard OS and can't install the drivers on the windows.

Without the drivers there are a couple of really annoying problems that I am having with windows.

Is there anyway I can get the drivers necessary without the installation disc or get a new installation disc(without paying because it isn't my fault I don't have the disc)?

p.s. Bestbuy says that they can't give me a disc because they can't verify my story :mad:

2. siorai macrumors 6502

Just download one. Since you've already paid for the OS, but Best Buy are being jerks, you're left with either downloading or writing to Apple and asking nicely.

3. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Ask for a manager. Then ask for their manager. Keep asking until you get what you paid for.

4. Neotyguy40 macrumors regular

Got a receipt? If you don't, then your screwed...

5. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

You bought a computer from them you have a receipt. They can verify your story, they just don't want to.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I am still just amazed that people purchase computers from best buy.

Anyway, if the store will do nothing for you I would contact customer service. To be honest, it sounds to me like an employee stole it after setting up your computer. I am sure best buy would not want their employees stealing from customers, of course I could be wrong.

6. Mike Macintosh macrumors regular

Mike Macintosh

That disc is suppose to be included with your Mac, if you have the receipt just go to customer service and complain.