Installed Windows 7

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by tony3dd, Nov 5, 2013.

1. tony3dd macrumors member

Hi All, I installed Winblows 7 Home Premium 64 bit on my 2012 Mac Pro, and I'm not getting any sound through the audio output jack in the back. Seem like Windblows is trying to pump the audio through he optical out not the audio out. Trouble is it doesn't show me the audio outs in the sound panel. Any suggestions?

2. Restes macrumors newbie

Restes

3. tony3dd thread starter macrumors member

I just followed the instructions Bootcamp gave me. I know it wanted another external drive connected for holding a bunch of drivers. How can I add them now? Everything else seems to be working correctly. I installed Windows just to be able to play some games. This is very knew territory for me, as I have very little experience with Windows.

4. Studio K macrumors 6502

Studio K

Download the latest Bootcamp drivers from Apple's site. I imagine you can do this from within Windows.
    Run the bootcamp installer. It will configure you Apple keyboard (if you have one) to work with Windows properly. It will install a program (called Boot Camp) that will allow you to choose your startup volume.

And it might fix your audio, as well. It's definitely something you should do, if you haven't yet.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1638

5. m4v3r1ck macrumors 68020

m4v3r1ck

What video card do you have installed? If your video card has HD Audio too, disable the installation of it in Device Manager. It could be conflicting with your Realtek Onboard Sound card!

GL & Cheers

6. tony3dd thread starter macrumors member

I just have a 5870. I don't think Bootcamp installed all the drivers because my keyboard short cuts are doing nothing as well. It did install all the drivers on my USB STICK, so I'm going to boot up in Windows, and run the Setup.exe from the stick. That should install everything correct?

7. hfg macrumors 68040

hfg

Yes, that should install all the hardware drivers for your Mac.

This is really no different from any Windows installation to a PC motherboard. With a purchased motherboard you usually receive a disk which you run after the initial Windows installation and that installs drivers for your sound, network, I/O, etc. for that motherboard. The Apple BootCamp drivers you download perform that same function plus add some functionality for the Apple keyboard, mouse, and trackpad.

8. derbothaus macrumors 601

derbothaus

You can also just go to the manufacturers download sites for the components as I did. Much more updated than Apples old stuff on disc. More features.

9. tony3dd thread starter macrumors member

Ok, that worked, but my Moshi keyboards top special keys including the eject key still aren't working.

10. hfg macrumors 68040

hfg

Are those keys supposed to be supported by Windows, or just OS X?

Did it come with a driver disk for Windows? Possibly it is supported natively by Windows and is currently being recognized as a "Mac" keyboard. You might be able to switch the keyboard identification in the Windows hardware configuration.

11. Studio K macrumors 6502

Studio K

Try the F12 key for eject.

12. tony3dd thread starter macrumors member

Doesn't work.