Installed Windows Xp but nothing is working.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by J.a-m.i-e, Sep 5, 2010.

1. J.a-m.i-e macrumors newbie

Well I install windows in bootcamp, everything was fine till I put in my Mac OSX disk in to install the drivers into windows. After the installing was done, it restarted and nothing works, the mouse and keyboard doesn't work its just stuck as soon as it turns on. I tried restore the partition and reinstalling windows but it still does the same thing.

If anyone could help that would be awesome.

Thanks

2. Queso macrumors G4

This could be that the BootCamp drivers on the disk are just not right for your hardware. Apple post updated drivers on their web site. Download the package and install it instead of the one on the installation disk.

http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/

They're on the right hand side of that page.

3. J.a-m.i-e thread starter macrumors newbie

So does that means I have to download the the right drivers, then put it on a disk, then go into windows and install it? If so thats not possible since I can't use my keyboard and my trackpad in windows to install it.

4. Queso macrumors G4

If you boot Windows up in Safe Mode will it let you use the keyboard and mouse then? You may need to rebuild it one last time, since you said the keyboard and mouse works until the BootCamp drivers go on.

5. J.a-m.i-e thread starter macrumors newbie

When I got into safemode nothing works still, and what do you mean by "rebuild it one last time"?

Thanks for trying to help by the way.

6. Queso macrumors G4

From the first post you mention that it goes so far in the installation then craps out. If you prep a replacement BootCamp driver disk with the updates and re-install Windows using it I think you'll get the results you want.

7. J.a-m.i-e thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright, I'll try that. Can you help me pick the correct downloads on http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/, all the downloads are on the right side, my MBP is i5 2.4Ghz, and I have Windows Xp Professional 32bits.