Installed wrong scanner drivers. How to remove?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by siorai, Feb 19, 2008.

1. siorai macrumors 6502

So this weekend I figured i would setup my scanner, a Canoscan 8400F. In my infinite wisdom I first downloaded and installed the drivers for the 8800F. :( When I installed the 8400F drivers they seemed to partially work. I can scan the full platen, but I can't get the option for scanning film negatives. I'm thinking this might be due to the 8800F drivers being installed as well?

If so how do I go about uninstalling those drivers? There is an uninstall utility for the 8400F drivers, but nothing for the 8800F.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

I'm thinking not. For something like this, my rule of thumb is that if you are working this hard, then you are doing it wrong. You don't say which application you are using for your scans. In any event, having multiple drivers installed should not cause you any problems. This is how Macs are supposed to work.

If you are using a TWAIN-compatible app, then choose the File > Acquire > TWAIN Open Source ... menu item.

If you are using Image Capture then choose the Devices > Browse Devices ... menu item.

3. siorai thread starter macrumors 6502

Ahh right. Forgot about that. I'm using Photoshop CS3. Going through the File/Import/8400F menu just like when I was using it Windows. I'll do some more hunting around and see if I can't find a solution. Thanks for the reply.

4. siorai thread starter macrumors 6502

OK. Stupid me. The cable for the lid had come out of the socket, hence no ability to scan negatives. So that's working fine now. :eek:

But since I'm nitpicky about these type of things, how do I go about uninstalling the 8800F drivers? It kinda irks me to see the option for the 8800F in the Import menu in PS. :p