installed xp on bootcamp... mac wont start... HELP!!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Gaogier, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Gaogier macrumors regular

Hello

I installed on my mac using bootcamp (I use parallels), so, After a few attempts as my s/n was entered incorrectly... I finally got xp working. However when running the mac, XP loads up automatically. I can not seem to get the mac to start up.

I done everything by the book, why is this happening? how do I fix?

I can now access the MAC, I have removed the windows section... however it still tries to start up windows...

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Do you use Boot Camp (BC) or Parallels? They are two very, very fundamentally different applications.

To boot into Mac OS X hold down the Option/alt key during startup until the boot selector lets you either select Mac OS or Windows.

Once in Mac OS X, go to System Preferences > Startup Disk and follow the hints there.

In Windows (if using BC), there is a little BC icon in the task bar, which lets you set your start up OS and also lets you restart in Mac OS X.

3. Gaogier thread starter macrumors regular

the OS is removed, however, there seems to be 5GB missing? before I had 117GB free space, now I have 112GB free space...

the mac also is slow at restarting compared to it before... I really should of just used parallels

Any idea on where this 5GB went? How to speed up the booting of mac?