Installed XPSP3 On Boot Camps... no drivers??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by theaero, Jun 29, 2010.

1. theaero macrumors 6502

So I installed XP SP3 on a bootcamp partition on my i7 17" mbp with an intel x25-m 160gb SSD.

Install goes fine. Shove in the SL disc and install drivers after install is complete. No drivers are recognized or installed. Boot camp installed everything just fine, but nothing works. No ethernet, or wireless, or GPU, or bluetooth, or anything. Device manager shows them all as having no drivers. When I search for drivers manually or manually update/find them, nothing works. Code 12, or other errors.

Halp! <3

2. psingh01 macrumors 65816

Maybe an issue between 32bit and 64bit drivers? Are you running a 64bit XP?

3. piwi macrumors regular

If memory serves, SP3 doesn't play well with Bootcamp.
    SP3 offers very debatable benefits anyways, better stick to SP2 :)

4. theaero thread starter macrumors 6502

No, running 32 bit, and I've only had the best of luck with SP3 in the past. Its always been flawless on every single mac I've ever owned.

5. RedRaven571 macrumors 65816

RedRaven571

Maybe a dumb question, so forgive me. Did you try installing SP2, then SL drivers, then update to SP3?

Does SL allow the option to install SP3 natively? When I got my iMac a year ago (Leopard), it was a big deal that XP had to be SP2 (not SP1 or SP3) to install.

Personally, I hated SP3 on my HP laptop, slowed it down, etc. Ended up reinstalling XP SP2 and was much happier.