Installer 4.0b5

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by LoMonkey, Aug 18, 2008.

1. LoMonkey macrumors regular

From http://ripdev.org/2008/08/installer-40b5.html

Just updated mine. Much snappier and a lot less crashes!

2. The General macrumors 601

God, who cares? Installer blows. :mad:

Why are they even wasting their time? :rolleyes:

3. bryonbrock macrumors member

Not everyone is happy with Cydia. Installer still has a very large fan base. Having some competition will only make both applications better and spur innovation.

4. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

anyone find a way to get the dock launcher or its source through the new installer??

thanks

5. TtOrMaMnY macrumors member

am i missing something? how did you guys update installer?

6. iSamurai macrumors 65816

iSamurai

yeah, how can you get that? do you install that from cydia? coz i've been wanting to get installer for ages...

7. melissarae macrumors regular

melissarae

i have and use cydia, because installer has nothing in it... it's like empty and says its a beta version... i think something is goofy with it. anyways... i'd like to reinstall or update installer to see if it'll fix it... but i can't figure out how. can someone point me in the right direction?

thanks!

8. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

well when i jailbroke mine i didnt check installer the first time so i jus had cydia... the ONLY way i found to get it on there was SSH it to the phone wireless which i tried watchin youtube vids but it was a pain and didnt work well.... SO since i had jus jailbroke it and didnt have anything anyway, i jus redid the winpwn and checkmarked installer this time and it put the new beta on there with the firmware pack. dunno of any other ways

9. iSamurai macrumors 65816

iSamurai

cydia runs in the background even when it is not used... it updates whatever when it feels like :(

10. Dakotafan macrumors 6502

my installer hangs up refreshing resources..annoying

11. matsundinn macrumors member

yes mine hangs too and it only started happening since the new installer came out
    it asked me if i wanted to update but it couldnt find the url apparently to do so

anyone elses installer freezing up?

12. criscris macrumors member

Is there anyway to get iClarified onto the phone another way instead of Installer. Every damn tutorial shows Installer 3, I think, and im lost!

Im looking at iClarified.com., and id love to use some of the things mentioned, like hiding certain text messages, and especially downloading the new safari download plugin hack, so I can download video types like wmv, avi and mpg. But they all ask for iClarified to be added as a source and im having trouble with this new Installer version.

13. cal6n macrumors 68000

cal6n

For anyone having problems with installer, this may help to ease your pain a little. ;)

14. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Is this installer compatible with 1.x.x FWs or only 2.x.x?