Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Twerp28

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 13, 2009
So I let my brother use my Powerbook G4 with OSX 10.4 this past Christmas. He being the nice kid he is decided to clean out all the spyware in my computer, trouble is there was no spyware, and he wound up deleting Disk Utility and Installer thinking the programs were spyware. So now I go to install iLife '08 today and I can't open it with Installer because it's been trashed! So I went to try and restore with my Install CD and it's scratched and isn't recognized! What can I do? I don't feel like dishing out $100+ bucks for Leopard, and I know my brother can't afford it.

Is there any way I can recover these programs without an Install disc? Of course my Apple Care ended a couple months ago.

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
Oh, heavens. You've got problems. You could try some of those chemical scratch repair solutions or pick up a copy of Tiger on eBay.

Send me an email and I may be able to help you out. (It's on my profile.)

Twerp28

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 13, 2009
Oh, heavens. You've got problems. You could try some of those chemical scratch repair solutions or pick up a copy of Tiger on eBay.

Send me an email and I may be able to help you out. (It's on my profile.)

I couldn't find any contact info in your profile. Possibly because I am a new user? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Twerp28

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 13, 2009
I called a friend who's a system administrator and he just sent me the files in an E-Mail and after I plopped them in the Utilities folder everything worked great. Kind of why I love my mac, if everything were that simple.

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
Yeah, that's what I had in mind. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. :)

Are you sure he didn't delete anything else? I'd suggest addressing the problem of having no install disks sooner rather than later...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.