Installer App Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by FunkyMonkey, Oct 21, 2007.

1. FunkyMonkey macrumors 6502

OK, I think this is worthy of making a new thread.

I just installed installer app using iJailbreak. But, the only packages listed are:
    BSD Subsystem
    Launcher
    Mobile Terminal
    SummerBoard

What do I do?

2. FunkyMonkey thread starter macrumors 6502

Nevermind!
    Installed Intaller app 3 and everythings great!

3. bazbo macrumors newbie

Hey I have exactly the same issue with my touch 16gb - no Community Sources listed. I have tried the installer update before and had the problem whereby the update installer crashed and the installer icon disappears from the home screen - I then had to restore and redo the jailbreak to get it back.

what should I do - how do I install the installer app 3 without a crash? Are you running 1.1.1 firmware?

Ta

B

4. telecoustic macrumors newbie

iJailBreak not working. No result!

At first my problem was no outcome. Everything seemed to work fine, but after roughly "Congrats, your ipod is now jailbroke", it wasnt. Nothing changed, except my ipod was erased, and didn't work. Another problem was the infamous "mv: rename rdisk0s1 to rdisk0s1.dmg: No such file or directory (1)". I reboot and deleted software a few times, still didn't work. I work on a PowerPC, latest Tiger. Please... Please... Help me.

telecoustic :apple:

5. FunkyMonkey thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, I was in the same situation and I installed version 3 and it didn't get an error. So, I would just try it again. If it fails again, I won't be able to help you.

6. bazbo macrumors newbie

Well I tried it again but to no avail. So I got Cyberduck, deleted the original installer app, and copy over another one, and this one updated fine and so it's all working now!

Was actually surprisingly easy to manually do the install.