Installer. app in 2.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by gregdrummeraz, Aug 3, 2008.

1. gregdrummeraz macrumors 6502

When will it be out? I have heard it would be out... yesterday. and the day before. and the day before. annnnd the day before..

Any ideas.. I need some apps sources. :eek:

2. pol0001 macrumors 6502

pol0001

There is no official launch date. They will release it when they think it's ready for average users. ;)

3. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

a simple google would of answered your question............... and that answer is........... coming soon

but if your keen to try it out I googled again and well check the first link in the results, but do read the thread properly and dont windge if it doesn't work as u will see its a beta

4. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

The beta's out but people said there's nothing on it, so theres no point.

5. Macman1993 macrumors 6502

Macman1993

I found a copy of installer online but its a .rar and doesn't work. Where can I get a working copy?

6. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

when you say its a rar file and doesn't work is an indication you need to wait till it becomes available via pwning.

you need to actually upload to the ipod and set correct permissions for it to work :rolleyes:

7. Macman1993 macrumors 6502

Macman1993

I know that I need to upload it to my ipod I actually try doing things before I post. I put it into the apps folder and because its a .rar file it doesn't work.

8. dagored macrumors 65816

RAR is a file format that supports data compression. It basically takes large files and compresses them in size for transport. You end up with files name *.rar that contain other files

It needs to be expanded, then you place it in your apps folder and set permissions to 775.

9. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

you should readup before doing things, the place you got the rar from should of had instructions on what to do, theres a folder inside THAT needs to be extracted and uploaded to touch

10. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

haha, go figure.. a .rar file wont work on the ipod?? .rar has to be expanded.