Installer app problems HELP PLEASE!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by ipodtoucher, Nov 17, 2007.

1. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

Every time that i open installer to download the i-app-a-day, or any other new apps for that matter, as soon as I touch to install, the package downloads but when it gets ready to install the intaller app shuts down..... any way to fix this?
    has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks in advance

2. touchkid macrumors member

Exactley the same thing keeps happening to me. Its infuriating, it even happened when i reinsalled the installer, this made the installer break. I dont know if this is connected, but i cant copy certain files to my ipod using sftp, these files are always the largest ones inside an aplication folder :/

3. ipodtoucher thread starter macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

okay i think that it is a space issue.....before i updated to 1.1.2 it kept shutting down, but when i updated and jailbroke it worked for the apps i installed. i think that it keeps all the information from the previous apps. Example: When i go into installer, the customize themes are available for download, but when I go into customize, all the themes from the previous jailbreak were still there. So i think that to solve the problem you need to SFTP into the iPod and delete the application folders of the apps you don't have anymore...like i installed less apps then i had before. The reason i say this is because I went to upgrade my customize app and found that it wouldn't upgrade. So I got rid of the elmo app, which freed up space, and from there it allowed me to upgrade. But when i went to install something else, it didn't work...so I'll give a try and see if it works...if anyone else has solutions please post...:apple:

4. Darkjenso macrumors regular

same thing is also happening to me, except now it isnt allowing me to install any apps including ones i have previously uninstalled, i have also discovered that you cant even input the apps manualy any more

5. blackshadowxx3 macrumors newbie

stupid installer app

yeah, i got this problem, i updated the installer app to its latest version, and then it just stopped working. it won t even let me open it. when i try it pops up a white screen, pauses for 2 seconds, then returns to the springboard. anybody know what the problem is?

6. allbrokeup macrumors 6502

Yeah!!!! I Do! :D:D I had this problem, so I re-jailbroke after a restore. I then downloaded the 16 apps I had previously (excl. BSD Subsystem) and it happened again. So I removed a worthless game, SFTP'ed into my iPod and manually installed BossTool. I then re-sprung and moved everything onto the Media Partition. It was all fine (and still is :D). So I believe that overall, it is a space issue.

Hope it helps...

allbrokeup.

7. matthewroth macrumors member

i will put it simply, i hate nasty long posts

remove a few things... download bosstool (and app that allows you to move the applications folder to make more space)

FIXED FOREVER

8. roxaphi macrumors newbie

installer.app troubleshooting

so my iphone is frozen bc its stuck in the middle of downloading an app!!!!! it's been like this since last night and i can't turn the phone off or anything!!!!!

9. allbrokeup macrumors 6502

Solution mate!

Hold down the Home Button until the SpringBoard Shows up, Installer has been force quit. It is then OK to shut off/charge iPhone.

If it IS frozen entirely (unlikely) simply hold down the power button until the phone shuts off. (Or put it in Recovery and download iNdependence or iFuntastic and kick it out of Recovery.

Cheers!

allbrokeup
    :apple::eek::mad::apple: