Installer.app questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Jasonbot, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

I haev a few questions, I finally got 1.1.1 firmware on my iPod touch and then proceeded to jailbreakme.com after clicking the install appsnapp button I waited. My iPod automatically locked but no installer.app.I tried to jailbreak again but after 6 minutes I gave up assuming that it would conflict with the previous attempt at installation.

I then restored my iPod (again to 1.1.1) turned autolock off and tried jailbreakme again. I'm now waiting for my iPod to lock itself.

Q1. Was my first assumption correct?
    Q2. How big is jailbreak. I know I'm told it only takes about 5 minutes to install but I have a really budget 512kb/s connection.
    Q3. What could be wrong if the install doesnt work?

I've been waiting about 10 minutes now, does it matter if my iPod is still plugged into the mac? I dont really want to touch anything incase the installer breaks something.

2. Jasonbot thread starter macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Ok, after 2 days of trying and about 750mb of iPod update downloads I finally got it working.

To get jailbreak working I restarted my Touch and then accessed jailbreak. no one told me a pretty GUI comes up to show you how far it is with the installation.

After that installing 1.1.2 and jailbreaking that was a piece of cake (or a bite of an apple):D