Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PolarisShadow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
Ever since I got the update to Installer posted out a few minutes ago, Installer keeps crashing! What the heck is going on?

grandeabc

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2007
Installer crashes if you install some apps that do not works fine. To solve this, just uninstall the last apps you have installed. This works for me.

triplesm3

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2008
I'm having the same problem!

I updated installer and now it just fails to open up at all... I'm not sure how to fix it without doing a restore! :(

euhna

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2008
why installer's update breaks for some, and what to do!

success: what worked for me: (im really surprised cuz i'm a real newbie at this hacking stuff...)

hopefully u have a backup of ur installer.app, even really old version will work...
i just copied over my backup file of installer, which i backed up from 2 versions ago of installer, now i have the installer version that shows the amount of free memory available, and it says 0 bytes available.

SO~~ my conclusion is that our installer update didnt work cuz we had no free memory!
to be sure, make a backup of installer.app before you update.

BigFootLee

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2007
I am connected to my ipod through cyber duck and see the installer app. Can someone please give me a link on where i can find the installer app alone, and the version before this one??? thanks

triplesm3

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2008
Installer.app

I found this on another forum:
I haven't tried it yet but it should hopefully work!!! Please let me know if it does!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok... I found out how to fix mine. I used my friend's iPhone who is using 1.1.2 and copied the installer.app from his iphone to mine and voila... working fine. I posted up the file on my personal site. Here is the link:

http://www.nfocusproductions.com/installer.zip

Download it, unzip and use an FTP client like Cyberduck (Mac) and replace the Installer.app that you have in there.

For PC, you can use CuteFTP or any other way to SSH into your phone.

Enjoy!

BigFootLee

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2007
works perfectly thanks

I think the issue was that i had to update the apps i had before i updated the installer because i just did that and everything is working perfectly

vincebio

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2005
Glasgow
outstanding!!!!

my installer app was also stuck after last nights update...

thanks for posting the app on a weblink, much apprecaited!!

triplesm3

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2008
I'm glad it works! For some reason it won't work for me haa! I tried replacing Installer.app with the new one through iphone drive. Then when I go to open installer, same thing is happening where it won't open up. And i tried restarting my phone. If you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

SneakerFreak

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2007
the updater definitely messed me up and wouldn't boot.

Downloaded the older version from above and it works now.

It is asking me update the installer though so for the time being will ignore the prompt.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.