Installer claims "low disk space", makes demands. Help please.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by applecupcakes, Aug 13, 2008.

1. applecupcakes macrumors member

applecupcakes

I jailbroke my iPod Touch and have been using Installer to acquire some applications. A few times while trying to download a new app, Installer gives me a "low disk space" error message and suggests that I try deleting some photos/videos. The thing is, I don't have a lot of either and of the 8GB I have available on my Touch, just under 3GB is actually being used.

Could this be an error related to Installer? Should I restore my Touch? Orrrr am I actually running low on 'disk space' and if that is that case, how do I fix this problem?

2. therealmrbob macrumors regular

therealmrbob

It means there is low disk space on the partition you have for apps.
    which is seperate from photos and videos (I've always wondered why it said that?)

Not a way you can fix it unless you make a new ipsw and restore it making the partition for apps bigger.

It's in the advanced settings on pwnagetool, I think the default space is 500mb. I used 1024mb.

3. applecupcakes thread starter macrumors member

applecupcakes

Awesome! Although I don't really understand how to do what you've said here, I will archive it and get someone to help me out, haha. Thanks!

4. therealmrbob macrumors regular

therealmrbob

haha when you generate a new restore file with pwnage tool, you click on advanced (at the top left) and then when it gets to the screen where you have all the buttons double click general and then there's a slider at the bottom to change the partition size.

5. applecupcakes thread starter macrumors member

applecupcakes

Okay excellent, that sounds easy enough...
    But most importantly: what is pwnage tool?? Do I get it from installer or is it something else altogether? Sorry, I'm kind of a noob, haha.

6. ipodtouchftw macrumors member

There are two portions of the iPod Touch/iPhone hard drive. I have an 8GB touch so one portion is 300MB and the other portion is about 7550MB. The 300MB portion is used for applications/firmware. When it says you are running out of disk space, simply download BossTool form installer (everyone has to do this eventually after jailbreaking). Open BossTool and choose relocate applications. This will moves the apps to the larger portion of the hard drive.

7. therealmrbob macrumors regular

therealmrbob

ohhh! wow, I never noticed bosstool did that, would have saved me a lot of trouble XD

thanks for that post

8. Xavier macrumors 68020

Sorry, but are you using Installer or Cydia?

Has the new Installer even been released yet?

9. applecupcakes thread starter macrumors member

applecupcakes

Awesome! I'll give this a try. Thanks!!

10. Tejen Naidoo macrumors member

js a lil information on boss tools ,in my experience this app messed up my Ipod pretty damn bad to the point where i had to restore my Ipod ,i used boss tools 2 move my apps in2 a bigger space and when it was done i couldn't run any of my apps they al Js crashed backed 2 springboard ,any1 else had this problem?

11. therealmrbob macrumors regular

therealmrbob

Did you restart your iPod after moving them?
    I don't just mean respring, I mean turn it off and then turn it back on.

12. Tejen Naidoo macrumors member

Yes i did.I tried it a couple times still no luck.No worries tho i am now on 2.0.1 jailbroken.