Installer disc could not be found

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by cupboy, Jun 27, 2013.

1. cupboy macrumors newbie

I downloaded Windows 8 Enterprise, burned the iso image to a dvd, and try to install it using bootcamp. After setting the partition size (divide equally) I get the error message. What disc is it expecting?

Well, now I get a new message saying bootcamp wants a 64 bit version. Since I have a dual core processor it would seem a 32 bit version would be appropriate, so that's what I downloaded.

I guess I'll head back to the public library and download the other one. Takes about 17 minutes there.

2. Guiyon macrumors 6502a

3. cupboy thread starter macrumors newbie

disk utility on the macbook

4. Guiyon macrumors 6502a

In that case you should be fine with either the 32 or 64 bit version (64 bit being preferable). If you have everything already partitioned, just reboot, hold down Cmd-Opt-Shift-Delete, boot of the install CD and run through the installation; The bootcamp utility doesn't really do anything useful other than downloading the bootcamp drivers and putting a nice UI over the repartitioning.

5. cupboy thread starter macrumors newbie

Now I'm trying to figure out how to connect to wireless internet while in Windows 8. The Network and Sharing Center doesn't seem to recognize wireless.

6. Guiyon macrumors 6502a

You will need the bootcamp drivers to get that working. The easiest way is to launch the Bootcamp Assistant and make the only the "Download the latest support software from Apple" selection is checked (see page 7, step 4 of Apple's Boot Camp guide). It will then download the drivers which you can then copy to a flash drive and use that to install them the next time you reboot into Windows.

7. Augustine864 macrumors regular

Does putting the iso on a USB drive work? Will it boot from that? I'm having some of my own issues.

8. Guiyon, Jun 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013

Guiyon macrumors 6502a

There's no need to boot from the WindowsSupport ISO; you could very easily just double-click to mount it in Mac OS X and then copy over the files it contains to a thumb drive. Another option is just to burn the image to a CD.

Edit:

Whoops, misunderstood the question. Yes, you should be able to. If you have access to a system running Windows, your best option is to use the Windows 7 USB/DVD Tool. I'm not sure about Mac OS X (it's been a while since I installed W8); you may be able to get by just restoring the ISO to a thumb drive.