Installer Fails To Load!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Robotouch, May 22, 2008.

1. Robotouch macrumors member

Hi Guys,

Im having problems at the moment, i restored and jailbroke my itouch again because the installer wouldnt load or open when i pressed it.....
    so i re did the ipod and it was working fine, installed what i wanted, made sure i had space using boss tools and now installer wont load, i press it, the screen goes blank and flashes to homepage of installer for a sec and then just goes back to the springboard..........this is reallly puzziling me as to why its doing it, it has only happened since installer was updated.....

Any Help would be much appreciated

Thanks

2. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

What jailbreak method did you use? The only thing I can think of is that whatever program jailbroke your iPod sorta screwed it up twice for some reason. I can't think of any other reason that could cause this. Try another method to jailbreak.
    I don't know if you used ZiPhone but I jailbroke both my iPod and my iPhone with it and it all works perfectly.

3. Robotouch thread starter macrumors member

Hi,

I actually did use ziphone to jailbreak it,

It was working fine originally till i updated the installer
    Thats why i redid it in the first place in the thought it was something to do with ziphone but it seems its the update for the installer, could it possibly be the updated installer? I should have installed the fix thats currently out for itouches? i did see it but i didnt have the symptons it said it fixes so i didnt see any need for it

Perhaps i should jailbreak with pwnage method?

4. pherstah macrumors newbie

installer fails! turns blank! and doesn't work!

Hi everybody
    i have the same freaking problem with the installer app, its turn blank and send me to de springboard, but i have the Cydia that its a like the installer app but not the same....:eek:
    please help me (us)
    thanks a lot fellas:)

5. Robotouch thread starter macrumors member

AHHH!!!

I still cant get it right,

I restored my itouch and jailbroke it with pwnage method and still it works and then it acts up again and it goes blank and back to springboard,
    and i installed the fix this time
    It really is annoying

Luckily i had cydia installed this time so i uninstalled the installer through that and then reinstalled hoping it would work but nope didnt work at all

Maybe if you want to try that "pherstah" and see if it works for you...

Anyone any suggestions?