Installer has only 3 apps? Huh!?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jman800, Jan 9, 2009.

1. jman800 macrumors regular

Okay so i got a iphone off ebay already jailbroken and in perfect condition (With plastic still on front and back of the phone so i know its new) But anyway, There is a installer icon and another icon name Cydia or something with a C, Can't recall the name at the time.. But for some reason the installer has maybe 3 game apps on it. I thought the jailbroken installer has many apps and ones that aren't on the app store. Am i missing something? Or is each jailbroken phone diffren't on the program that hacked it in the first place? Help. Im a newbie at this whole jailbreaking stuff ;P

Oh and if you guys know or not, The falling sand game.. Is that on installer? I really want that. ;} Thanks in advance!

Btw: its version 2.2

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Cydia is the new Installer. Since you're new, I would just take that Installer icon and move it to the back screen because it's crap and you'll never need it. Cydia has everything you'll need.

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Installer sucks. Go ahead and even create a new firmware without it if you wish.

4. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Good advice, but he DID say he was a noob.

But yes, he could do that or just SSH into the phone and remove Installer to save some work.

5. jman800 thread starter macrumors regular

Okay, thanks for telling me. So can someone tell me, or direct me to a guide of some sort of getting Apps from cydia? Thanks in advance ;)

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Tt's the exact same process as the App Store. You have to add sources to get some things, though. Just find the URLs online and type them into Cydia.

7. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Cydia is plain simple. All you have to do is open it up, pick a category and choose stuff to download/install. All the hard work is done for you. You can download winterboard and apply themes that you download through cydia, you can also download many applications and other things very simply.

8. jman800 thread starter macrumors regular

Oh, Thanks everyone :] i understand its features now. But one thing i am curious about, a while back i saw iphones with games such as guitar hero and other really cool games but now, their not anywhere to be found. Is this due to updated firmware? Or are these games still there, But hidden?