installer keeps crashing

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by chadtr, Mar 28, 2008.

1. chadtr macrumors newbie

just downloaded the newest installer update and now it just crashes. Anyone else experiencing this?

2. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

What firmware?
    What did you use to jailbreak?
    What size?

I would suggest restore and re jailbreak...

3. djjoja macrumors member

if u can do it before installer crashes: go into installer...then into uninstall tab..then uninstall the actual Installer..and ur iPod..and in a bit of time..Installer will reinstall on ur iPod fully new.

4. chadtr thread starter macrumors newbie

1.1.1 16gig i think im just gonna leave it alone ive got my ipod exactly the way i want it. Thanks for the replies

5. help!!!!! macrumors member

I am having the same problem. For me, mine is a 1.1.4 16GB obviosly jailbroken. When I try and install something, it will download, then, it will install and crash. And nothing is installed. Can anyone tell me what to do? thx

6. chadtr thread starter macrumors newbie

i ended up just rejailbreaking it. I restored to 1.1.4 and then used ziphone. Everything but customize works now so its all good.

7. stefan007 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem, the installer still downloads the app but when it tries to install it, it crashes and goes to mainscreen of the iPod. I have a 1.1.4 ipod touch. Any suggestions?

8. stefan007 macrumors newbie

I managed to solve it. I just uninstalled the latest programs I had installed, these were: that 3D shooter, magic 8 ball, iSketch.

I hope this also works for you guys!

Greetz stefan007