installer not working

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by T0mmyGunZ, Feb 22, 2008.

1. T0mmyGunZ macrumors member

i tap installer and the screen goes white for a second and then goes right back to my home screen. what should i do?

2. McGiord, Feb 22, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Maybe one of the soruces you have isn't loading or refreshing like it's meant to be.
    Try accessing it without the internet connection, and disable the suspect source.

Or try re-installing it.
    ________
    vapolution vaporizer

3. T0mmyGunZ thread starter macrumors member

i went into airlplane mode and its still not working.
    how should i reinstall it and if i do will i lose all my apps and stuff?

4. ajl917 macrumors 6502

Through CyberDuck or WinSCP, check to make sure the permissions are set right in the .app folder. Just a thought...

5. McGiord, Feb 23, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Have you tried resetting your iPhone?

Maybe what is going on is that the folder where all your apps are installed is full, there is an app that moves all your installed apps to a different folder, this depends on the firmware version you are running on your iPhone.
    If I was in your situation, I'll prefer to restore my iPhone and then install. Everything again, it's a little time consuming but will ensure a clean install.
    Follow the instructions on this web:
    www.hackthatphone.com

Yesterday I restore mine and update it to 1.1.3 because I was having problems receiving phone calls, due to the 3rd party apps on 1.1.2 and I can't afford that during these days because I am applying to new jobs and I'll be receiving some important calls. Also I am expecting the new SDK apps that were promised for the end of this month, but it seems that they will be delayed...

Anyway for your case,
    ________
    S-10