Installer update!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Edrubin, May 6, 2008.

1. Edrubin macrumors member

Hey everyone,
    Just opened installer and there was an update. From what I can see the only big change is it now has a search bar for applications which is awesome!

2. amemoryoncelost macrumors 6502

Updated last night, search is super cool. I like that they are putting apps on that main page lately, never would have tried a few of the apps until I saw them there...

3. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

I updated but don't have it. Interesting. Pics or it didnt happen..

4. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

The search bar is much needed, with the plethora of sources that are out there. It makes it hard to find the applications sometimes. I'd like to see a tagging system instead of a category-based system for dividing the apps. A lot of them could easily be in more than one category. If they were tagged, they'd be easier to find.

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Thx for the tip!

The search function appears only within a folder. For example, go into "All Packages" and the search will be on top. You can search within "All Packages".

The search is slightly buggy, as the search result may be covered by the keyboard.

6. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

Ahh thanks.
    I think installer should have a rating system and a preview setup like Customize. /offtopic.

7. Silverbird0000 macrumors 6502a

It does search while typing and gives you results and they are sometimes covered up, but if you hit the search button they keyboard goes away and shows all the results.

8. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

By the way, they added everything in alphabetical sections. BTW - don't you think the search is far too big? Takes forever to get anywhere..