Installing 10.5 @#$%#@$% me over...please help with some backup questions

Discussion in 'macOS' started by christall109, Dec 25, 2007.

1. christall109 macrumors 6502

Hey Guys,

First of all installing 10.5 was a big pain in the butt. All my data gone. My MBP would not even boot back up into the original tiger start up disc.

Any who I got it working and now have a few back-up questions.

1. iTunes - I used a backup of of all my music/video/movies but most of the meta data like ratings and playcounts, and playlists are gone. I have a copy of the original music folder with all the data, but how do I import it.

2. Address Book/Calendar - I have my iPhone with all the data, when I connect it will it sync all the data back or clear my iphone contacts? Is there any way to get it off?

3. iPhoto - again I have the original photos folder copied to my external, but how do I import and recover my missing albums and events? Dragging and dropping the iPhoto Library icon doesn't do anything but when I view its contents all my photos are there.

Please someone help. IT WOULD BE GREATLY appreciated.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS

Thanks in advance,

2. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

1. Just copy your iTunes library backup to wherever iTunes expects it's library to be (default to the music folder of your home folder).

2. If your computer truly was wiped it will give you an option to have your iPhone overwrite the contacts/calendars on your computer.

3. Same as iTunes (default to your pictures folder of your home folder)

3. christall109 thread starter macrumors 6502

GREAT IT WORKED THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Just another quick question - When I connected and disconnected my iPhone, iTunes did not back it up, how do I correct this now?

Thanks again, you made me happy this Christmas