Installing 10.7.2 over 10.7.3

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Oldmanmac, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Oldmanmac macrumors 6502

I want to install 107.2 back. I have lost correct use of some my apps with 10.7.3
    I'e got a current TM,but it's with 10.7.3.
    I'd prefer NOT to reinstall all my apps, if possible.

What can I do? :eek::eek:

2. simsaladimbamba

Only a clean install (format volume with OS on it and install Mac OS X 10.7 Lion and updating to 10.7.2) will do the trick.

What applications do not work correctly?

3. Bear macrumors G3

Do a clean install of 10.7.2 and then when you're prompted for the Time Machine backup to restore data, make sure you deselect Applications and anything else you don't want.

4. Mattie Num Nums macrumors 68030

Mattie Num Nums

Are you a developer? Wonder if the reversioner will work.

5. Oldmanmac thread starter macrumors 6502

Can I just deselect "System files"? Apps would be, well a problem.
    It was Firefox that is acting real wonky. Tried (info from here) uninstalling it, then reinstall it and it won't work properly. So, I'll go back to a known working copy.

No, I'm not a developer. Just a Mac 128 head that hasn't really kept up that well.

6. Bear macrumors G3

If it's Firefox, try just restoring an older version of Firefox from the TM backup.

Did you try deleting your Library/Application Support/Firefox folder? That's where all the settings for it really are and where corruption can happen.

Also if you restore Firefox from the TM Backup, you want to restore that folder as well. AFter you delete both Firefox and the folder from your live disk that is.

7. Oldmanmac thread starter macrumors 6502

Bear
    I;ve tried deleting everything connected to FF and then reinstalling and it has not worked. I'm now thinking something is missing/corrupted somewhere.

So, a fresh install of Lion & FF should do he trick.

So, I want to do that with the least amount f work/fuss.

8. chrfr macrumors 603

Reversioners don't actually backdate the operating system. They only change the version of key files so that the next update will install.