Installing 2 Firefoxes in different languages on my system

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cudo, Nov 14, 2009.

1. cudo macrumors regular

Hi, I got this problem. My mom re-invented herself and decided to use my laptop..thats fine with my but she got this ability to mess up with stuff so i created an account on my MB so she can log in under her name but my account is in english and hers not..how do i install two firefoxes in 2 different languages? When I install FF when logged in as she it will change the localization of my FF.

Is there a way to do it ? The localization of the system stays as I set it up but FF not.

Greets
    Cudo

2. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

I think the issue here is that there is only 1 Firefox application for the 2 users, so it gets changed by each users profile. Looks like this Firefox add-on Quick Locale Switcher 1.6.10 will allow you to easily switch back-and-forth between the 2 languages used. Do you think that will work for you?

3. cudo thread starter macrumors regular

This add-on seems to be OK for what I need but having installed it does not work, or at lest I am doing somethign wrong. When I try to change my locale it does not work. Gives me the info applaying changes but nothing happens?

4. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

5. cudo thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your help but it seems the problem is the version of the add-on and the langauge packs. I will look into the issue and if successful will report back.