Installing 2 operating systems on 1 machine

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Sideonecincy, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Sideonecincy macrumors 6502

Alright, I tried to do this but it didn't work. I have three drives and one is completely clear, so I figured I would just install OS X server 10.3 on 1 drive and have OS X client 10.5 on another drive. (I know that I am creating huge security holes when I would be running the server, but it would only be for a short time). When I set up the server, the hard drive with 10.5 on it would have no privileges except for admin. I would just switch the startup disks before rebooting between server or client. I go to do it, I pop the server disc in and reboot the computer and it just automatically goes back into 10.5. I tried to boot from cd but had no success.

Mainly I am trying to use the server software to make a webserver for certain people to use

Is this something that can be done through the sharing in system preferences in leopard?

2. unity macrumors 6502a

The machine supports 10.3? That is that the machine is older than 10.3, for the most part...

3. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

What system ? PPC or Intel.....
    Retail disks or OEM ?

4. Sideonecincy thread starter macrumors 6502

The machine is a mac pro. The 10.3 server software is retail version and the other version of os x is 10.5 client

5. unity macrumors 6502a

So your trying to put 10.3 on an Intel Mac? Not going to work.