Installing 64-bit 7 to Alu MacBook

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by biohead, Jul 22, 2011.

1. biohead macrumors 6502

I've gotten some keys for Win7 via Uni, and the 7 isos are provided by downloading them. I know the 64-bit has to altered so that it will boot properly, but I don't have an existing windows install to do this.

I was thinking about downloading one of those multi-editions via torrents, and try to find one where the activation crack is an option rather than built in, so I can just use my key straight off. I know I built my own disc in the era of Vista, with 32 and 64 bit of the main vista editions all on one dvd.

Will these boot fine on the macbook (as they have to be based on 32bit)? I seem to think the 32-bit discs booted fine, only the 64-bit EFI enabled ones had issues.

(I'm aware of the driver install issues, I'm just trying to get the install disk booted right now).

2. biohead thread starter macrumors 6502

Just to confirm one of these has done the job fine.

I'm presuming because it has the option to install 32-bit and 64-bit, it has to boot into a 32bit environment for compatibility, and so the EFI booting problems don't crop up when trying to install x64 windows.